Land of Joy is dedicated to furthering and developing ‘retreat culture’ amongst Buddhist practitioners in the UK. Within this culture, retreat is seen as a natural part of being a spiritual practitioner.
We will support the development of retreat culture by:
- providing conducive facilities.
- providing advice and support for people who are considering retreat.
- providing a supportive follow-up service for those who have left retreat.
- requesting all Buddhist teachers to recommend retreat as a follow-up to their courses.
- encouraging FPMT centres and study groups to invite experienced retreaters to give talks and lead discussions.
- publishing articles in the Buddhist and popular press.